Salary: £25K – £30K
The Multi Skilled Technician will be responsible for assisting in the maintenance, fabrication and or installation of plant and equipment as and when required. The Skilled Engineer will attend breakdowns to reduce stoppages. The Skilled Technician is responsible for ensuring the area is tidy and meets Health & Safety requirements. The Multi Skilled Technician will ensure they work to identify quality and process improvements and implement them where necessary. The Skilled Engineer will follow company procedures, goals and objectives. They should also follow shop floor rules and should actively support the improvement of procedures and processes
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
MainDuties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out routine maintenance tasks and checks as required by planned maintenance programmes.
- Carry out repairs or replace electrical equipment and plant to minimise breakdowns and plant stoppages.
- Remove and or isolate equipment that cannot be used safely.
- Carry out and record routine safety/environmental checks as required within your level of competence.
- Carry out adjustments as necessary, to achieve optimum performance from mechanical equipment.
- Advise the relevant manager any issue which may cause a potential failure.
- Work with relevant contractors to resolve breakdown issues quickly.
- Identify which materials and or spares are required to complete a job or repair. Notify the relevant personnel to order the items.
- Advise the relevant personnel any additional spares or sundries that need ordering.
- Advise management of any issues related to unsafe practice such as bypassing interlocks, overloading cranes, FLT misuse or misuse of plant and or equipment.
- Carry out and record routine safety/environmental checks as may be necessary i.e., ladders, oxyacetylene cutting equipment etc.
- Follow environmental, health and safety guidelines consistently.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement improvement programmes with the support of the Operations Managers.
- Any other duties that may be required to support the business needs.
- Experience of working in a similar environment, to assess potential hazards and able to use initiative to resolve them.
- Continuous improvement techniques. Has worked in a team environment. Desirable Siemens S7.
- Needs to be self motivated and able to advise on issues identified, and proactively resolved them
- Accountable for ensuring work is completed to a high standard and reducing downtime.
- Must be dedicated to Health & Safety and ensure they consistently follow safe working practices.
- Must complete records accurately in line with organisational requirements.
- The position will require any breakdowns are dealt with quickly and issues are reported consistently in line with procedures on a weekly basis
- Engineering qualification (Mechanical and/or Electrical)
- Computer literate.
- Self motivated
- Team orientated
- Attention to detail
Salary: £25K -£30K