Salary: 40K – 45K DOE
The Manufacturing Engineer / Manager is an individual who possess excellent communication skills, has the ability to motivate and lead his staff in succeeding in delivering the Company Manufacturing strategy and budget through teamwork, modern manufacturing methodologies and continuous improvement. The Manufacturing Engineer / Manager should possesan in-depth understanding of the relationship between value added activities and waste, with regard to the manufacture of precision fasteners and associated production processes.
The Manufacturing Engineer / Manager is responsible for delivering the business’ Manufacturing KPIs ensuring efficiency quality and productivity targets are achieved in the most cost effective manner.
The Manufacturing Engineer will track the competencies of subordinates and provide leadership and development programmes to ensure the business has a motivated, flexible workforce.
This is a vital role within the business in providing significant cost reduction, improved efficiency and increased profits.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged Ex Sgt to WO2 REME will be best fit
MainDuties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that a safe working environment is maintained, company guidelines are implemented and that health and safety procedures and environmental policies are followed. Health and safety meetings are carried out. Support initiatives, campaigns and activities to promote the realisation of the Company`s Health and Safety / Environmental Plan.
- Responsible for delivering the manufacturing plan in relation to productivity, quality, and cost, establishing World class standards throughout the site.
- Effectively lead the Manufacturing Team, at all times adopting and encouraging an open, positive and constructive approach, promoting a culture of change management in which continuous improvement is sought and achieved.
- Deal with all first–line personnel management issues including timekeeping, attendance, welfare, holidays, training and discipline for personnel within the manufacturing department or as delegated through the site management team.
- Ensure that all activities, manufacturing processes and procedures are in compliance with the Quality Management Standard ISO 9001, ISO18001 and ISO 14000 or Company Specifications as a minimum.
- To achieve the annual manufacturing plan on cost and to budget, through the use of information/data KPI`s, continuous improvement, effective communication and leadership.
- Through continuous improvement and modern manufacturing methodologies, implement or change systems and deliver process improvements to increase productivity and eliminate waste within the department thereby increasing efficiencies and striving for increased profitability and overhead reduction.
- Responsible for setting goals, agreeing objectives and conducting Job Focus Meetings for direct reports. Introducing measures and KPIs to evaluate progress and report to the senior management team.
- Develop and introduce techniques to achieve a high level of consistent communication throughout the site.
Skills and Specifications
- Must have excellent leadership skills, be able to motivate and inspire workforce.
- Ability to implement lean methodologies and sustain world class performance.
- Ability to communicate effectively one on one or as part of a group.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to interact effectively and productively with others.
- Organised, structured and methodical in their approach to problem solving.
- Visionary, has the ability to see future solutions or trends.
- Must have Initiative, self discipline, be flexible and have a hunger to continuously learn.
- Management qualifications? Degree? Black Belt? (Manufacturing Institute).
- Minimum 5 Years experience in a production management position?
- Min 3 Years manufacturing experience of CNC and machining equipment.
- Fully trained in continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Train the trainer
- Six sigma Green belt.
- Coaching And Development
- Leadership course.
- Introduction to Lean
- Supervisory Training People skills, managing people.
- Finance for manufacturing managers.
- Mentor to be allocated.
Salary: 40K – 45K DOE