Salary: £26000 – £34000
We have an exciting opportunity for a PLC Software Engineer to join a dynamic and innovative company. Responsible to the Software Lead Engineer for the delivery of the software work packages of high integrity and complex control systems to Customer and Industry Specifications, to within budget and programme constraints.
The Software Engineer must have a broad knowledge of designing PLC, HMI & SCADA software for complex systems in machine control & process applications and plant wide automation where specific experience in the Nuclear Industry would be an advantage. The successful candidate must be capable of producing technical & functional specifications and developing control software from concept through to testing and commissioning.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
In this role, the candidate will have the following responsibilities:
Produce PLC, HMI & SCADA designs to IEC 61131 from concept designs and specification to meet project and customer requirements. Main deliverables being
- Software Documentation – User Requirement Specifications, Functional Design Specification and Detailed Software Specification.
- PLC, HMI and SCADA software coding.
- Production of Software Specific Test Documentation.
- Specification of hardware & software of parts list.
- Design of project specific networking (Ethernet, Field bus, etc.)
- Ensure company policy and procedures are being applied across the projects.
- Manage the interface between CE&I and the Mechanical function.
- Communicate at all levels with both internal and external customers to meet their expectations while meeting the project budget and programme constraints.
- Support the Lead Engineer in the delivery of scope to budget and programme.
- Support the Lead Engineer in the management and supervision of sub-contractors.
- Support to Testing/Commissioning team during PAT & FAT testing.
- Provide technical expertise to tenders as and when required.
- Provide input to the development of the CE&I function and resource.
Proficient in the use of PC’s – MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
Administration of Databases (MS Access, SQL, Oracle).
PLC programming experience (Modicon – Concept/Unity Pro & Siemens – S7 is preferred)
HMI programming experience (Modicon – Magelis & Siemens – WinCC Flexible is preferred)
SCADA programming experience (Vijeo Citect & Siemens – WinCC is preferred)
Salary: £26000 – £34000