Salary: £36k – £44k
This state of the art company are seeking a Control & Instrumentation Responsible Engineer Responsible to Project Manager for the delivery of the Electrical, Control and Instrumentation work packages of high integrity and complex control systems to Customer and Industry Specifications, to within budget and programme constraints. The candidate must have a broad knowledge of the process industry where specific experience in the atomic and water treatment industries would be an advantage. You will be capable of producing technical & functional specifications and developing process designs from their initial inception, through feasibility, concept and through to final design. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and communications skills with excellent analytical, design and problem solving skills and be committed to maintaining high quality standards. The suitable candidate will have a sound knowledge of and be experienced in the application of the latest relevant IEC standards and statuary legislation.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitor and report progress of deliverables to project manager.
• Develop concept designs and specification to meet project and customer requirements.
• Manage and supervise a team of CE&I engineers assigned to the project and oversee their design activities namely in the production of:
• Engineering Flow diagrams, Process mimics, Instrument data sheets, Instrument Schedules, Loop Schematics, Hookups.
• Electrical panel designs.
• Electrical installation designs.
• Specification of hardware and production of parts list.
• PLC, HMI & SCADA Programming
• Ensure company policy and procedures are being applied across the projects.
• Manage the interface between CE&I and the Mechanical function.
• Communicate at all levels with both internal and external customers to meet their expectations while meeting the project budget and programme constraints.
• Manage and supervise sub-contractors.
• Provide technical expertise to tenders.
• Provide input to the development of the CE&I function and resource.
Proficient in the use of PC’s – MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
• Proficient in the use of CAD – AutoCAD 2004 and Promis-e.
• Some PLC, HMI & SCADA programming experience (Modicon & Siemens) would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of Safety Standard IEC 61508 would be an advantage.
Salary: £36000 – £44000