Salary: £25 per hour
Location: Wolverhampton and Risley
We have an exceptional role for an AutoCAD Design Engineer (C&I) with a forward thinking and innovative company. The Design Engineer will be responsible for the delivery of the Electrical, Control & Instrumentation work packages of high integrity and complex control systems to customer and industry specifications and within budget and programme constraints.
The AutoCAD Design Engineer must have broad knowledge of designing complex systems in machine control applications and plant wide automation where specific experience in the defence or nuclear industries and will be capable of producing technical & functional specifications and developing control systems from concept design through to final design, installation and commissioning. As a Design Engineer you will have strong interactive and communication skills with excellent analytical design and problem solving skills, be committed to maintaining high quality standards and must have a sound knowledge of, and be experienced in, the application of the latest relevant IEC standards and statuary legislation.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produce CE&I designs to customer specification and project requirements. Main deliverables include:-
- Control Panel designs – general arrangements, detail drawings schematic diagrams, interlock diagrams for typically PLC & HMI hardware, motor starters & drives, safety circuits, instrumentation and power distribution.
- Specification of hardware and production of parts lists
- Manufacturing specification
• Ensure company procedures are being applied across the projects.
• Manage the interface between and CE&I and the mechanical function
• Communicate at all levels with both internal and external customers to meet their expectations while meeting the project budget and programme constraints.
• Support the Lead Engineer in the delivery of scope to budget and programme.
• Provide technical expertise to tenders as and when required
• Provide input to the development of the CE&I function and resource
• Focus on the customer, work cooperatively with customers and stakeholders, internal and external, in order to meet and exceed their expectations.
• Collaborate and share knowledge, seek to create collective success through teamwork, knowledge sharing and mutual support.
• Deliver results, focus on solution. Plan what needs to delivered and then focus on making it happen
• Build teams by bringing together the right people, in the right place at the right time to deliver business objectives.
• Adapt to change, able to respond positively to individual or organisational change.
• Act with integrity, by demonstrating trust and integrity in their day to day working
• Proficient in the use of MS Office tools (Words, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
• Proficient in the use of CAD AutoCAD 2007 and Promis.e
• Knowledge of the safety standard IEC 61508 would be and advantage.
Salary: £25 per hour