A Service Engineer is required to provide technical support, repair breakdown and on site service including machine installations at customer premises and overseas distributors which can involve periods of time spent away from home. The Service Engineer will have good all-round Mechanical / Electrical ability and will have knowledge and experience of Fanuc / Yasnac / Siemens controls. The Engineer will have HNC level in Engineering or equivalent, be able to understand electrical drawings, previous experience of fault finding on machining centres and turning centres and have the ability to work as part of a team.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake mechanical / electrical repairs on our machines and on other products within the our product range.
- To carry out planned maintenance services.
- To carry out electrical and mechanical retrofits.
- To carry out some spindle exchanges.
- To assist with machine installations.
- To provide technical support as required.
- To comply with The Health and Safety at Work Act at all times.
- To comply with the Company regulations in respect of confidentiality and security at all times.
- To present yourself in a professional manner at all times in line with existing Company guidelines.
- Such other duties as the management may at times reasonably require.
- Already working in the machine tool business as a service engineer on machine tools
- ONC level in Engineering or equivalent
- Engineering Base Apprenticeship/Training
- Mechanical/hydraulic/pneumatic drawings Some electrical knowledge
- Positive Personality
- Good Communicator
- Decision Maker
- Prepared to travel Worldwide
- Smart Appearance
- Live within a 1 hour drive of the office