Salary: £25K DOE
The Supplier Development Quality Engineer will ensure and meet the requirements of the company’s Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental systems, which is mandatory and ensuring that the company’s policies and procedures are followed at all times.
Supplier Development Quality Engineer will understand, develop and promote the Company’s business objectives and participate with total enthusiasm and commitment to achieve and exceed them. The Quality Engineer will ensure regular status reviews are undertaken with the Line Management and relevant Company personnel. Supplier Development Quality Engineer agree with Line Management appropriate measures (Key Performance Indicators) to monitor performance to achieve the Company’s objectives, ensure that they are kept up-to date and displayed prominently. Ensure that you fully understand your work requirements and duties and have received the correct supervised training in accordance with the Company’s training requirements to enable you to undertake your duties.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of under performing suppliers in line with Management direction and supplier performance data.
- Provide escalation support for all operational quality issues in line with the applicable process
- Work in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager to develop strategy and direction, and identify opportunities to enhance the cost savings.
- Support supplier selection and help define the optimum number of suppliers required for the designated commodity in accordance with the Company Purchasing strategy.
- Introduce all nominated suppliers to the AVL.
- Monitor and report supplier performance data.
- Continually work with suppliers to improve performance, implement process control and quality plans Interact routinely with Purchasing, Engineering and Suppliers to pro-actively improve quality of components.
- Analyse supplier capabilities. Develop and maintain supplier quality metrics.
- Perform supplier Quality Systems audits and provide support for supplier Quality Systems improvements.
- Work with project work teams to define project deliverables, project planning, etc.
- Develop with the supplier potential new work processes, new tools and functional capabilities.
- May be required to provide some technical training to other employees.
- A key responsibility of this position is to ensure that the incumbent’s area of responsibility is in compliance with the ISO and [regulatory] standards.
- Develop target Supplier, quality system, processes, tooling, technical, logistical and gauging equipment to assure compliance to standards and specifications
- Perform Supplier on-site assessments and assistance visits to improve Supplier performance and achieve the objectives in the areas of Quality, Cost, Delivery and Responsiveness.
- Control Plan Audits, Product Audits, Problem Solving Activities
- Work with Suppliers, Internal & Customer SQA on new part introduction to ensure smooth seamless transition.
- Carry out the necessary audits (ie: new suppliers/poor performers) to ensure suppliers meet the appropriate requirements.
- Review and process SCD Documents in line with requirements.
- Effective communication of results throughout the business.
- To promote and protect the company image, maintain high integrity and confidentiality at all times.
- Recognise the importance of good health and safety practice.
- Ensure that working conditions and the use of resources satisfy current legislation, approved codes of practice and organisational requirements.
- Ensure accidents and near misses are reported.
- Ensure that potential or actual breaches of requirements are identified, properly reported and appropriate action is taken.
- Ensure specified deadlines for work and/or reporting are met.
- Be accountable for the area of business you manage.
- Maintain records as required.
- Ensure any special instructions are noted and carried out.
- Enforce good house keeping.
Holidays 21 days
Hours 8.00am to 5.30pm
Salary: £25K DOE