Salary: 30K – 34K DOE
The Project Engineer will be supporting the Production Engineering Manager to deliver technical improvements to the business operation ensuring efficiencies are maintained in a timely manner. The Project Engineer is to develop / analyse the production performance through the agreed business systems from a technical perspective. The Project Engineer must identify & implement improvement of projects through robust PDCA incorporating preventative maintenance. The Engineer is to assist, the Production Engineering Manager, in developing a cross-functional support team. The Project Engineer is to support the continuous improvement programme and to liaise with customers, externally and internally as necessary.
The Engineer is to manage improvements involving, man management responsibility, and achieving key performance criteria and to manage and support the NPI/ECI process as assigned.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure equipment is capable of running at its optimum speed.
- To keep downtime costs to a minimum by responding efficiently to production concerns.
- To ensure health & safety is paramount to prevent accidents and subsequent claims.
- To control budgeted spend where applicable (i.e. project related etc).
- To support the system of maintenance of machines and tooling.
- To keep project costs within the agreed budget.
- To meet customer demands, internally and externally, on time and at the right quality.
- To support the Production Engineering Manager in the making & achieving of the department plan.
- To support health, safety and environmental action plans, agreed by the company to ensure a safe working environment for all employees by conducting, delegating and auditing risk assessments. Ensuring the introduction of appropriate measures to address highlighted issues and thus respecting all legal and policy requirements.
- To consistently achieve the quality standards as determined by the customer adhering to the company’s quality procedures and standards, thereby ensuring continued TS 16949 registration.
- To develop a cross-functional teamwork approach involving all departments.
- To constantly analyse performance & implement continuous improvements.
- To maximize efficiency of operations via good technical management of improved projects, practical problem solving, continuous improvement and plan, do, check & act methodology with built in quality
- To constantly improve and develop the technical process to ensure an efficient operation and delivering / improving the facility with all necessary documentation so as to achieve full utilisation of the manufacturing resource.
- To support the development and maintenance of TPM including 1st line TPM.
- To liaise with all customers, externally and internally as required.
- Preparation, monitoring and analysis of agreed KPI’s.
- To assist, the Production Engineering Manager in developing budgets for improvement projects.
- To challenge current convention.
- To carry out any other duties, relevant to the post which may arise.
- To Support NPI as and when necessary / required.
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrable experience in Manufacturing Kaizen within the industry.
- An HNC or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- TS16949 procedures
- Knowledge of automotive industry
- Manufacturing / production experience (In-depth experience of production planning and lean manufacturing)
- Knowledge of pressed parts & assembly work
- Customer liaison experience
- Excellent analytical & Practical problem solving skills.
- Financial awareness.
- Comprehensive IT skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to demonstrate and challenge convention and lateral thinking in the pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable experience in Industrial Engineering
- Responsible for the technical improvement projects within the Production facility – identification of projects, review of project performance and co-ordination of all the supporting departments in order to achieve the above.
- Complete empowerment within the managed area based on best for business philosophy in order to achieve the company’s key performance indicators, providing that legal requirements, company procedures and budgets are not contravened.
Salary: 30K – 34K DOE