Salary: £20K- £25K DOE
Transport Coordinator/Operator ensures drivers are legally able to undertake work allocated within their statutory permitted working hours. The Coordinator/Operator ensures work allocated to a vehicle does not exceed construction or permitted weight ratios. The operator ensures vehicle load restraint equipment is allocated to vehicles in sufficient quantities and drivers are trained in its use. Effectively communicates instructions to drivers in a clear and precise manner.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and motivate on a day to day basis all drivers directly under his/her control to ensure drivers perform to the maximum benefit for commercial contract efficiency.
- The position is profit responsible within the confines of the distribution centre where the scope of operation allows and customer service levels are maintained.
- Ensure that contracted customers are given preferential service over ad-hoc transport undertaken.
- Provide accurate daily/weekly report information to transport/operation management.
- Ensure that the customer service level provided is consistently fulfilled.
- Maintain good communications and working relationships at operational level with customers.
- Ensure that all drivers and vehicles operate within the statutory LGV legislation to ‘O’ license conditions, driver’s hours and vehicle maintenance.
- Ensure that company policies and procedures relating to operational legislation are adhered to ie cold chain etc.
- Identify areas within the transport operation that could benefit from further development. Work as a team member and proactively develop the operational relationship between depots.
- Ensure vehicles are presented on time for collection and delivery. Transport Coordinator/Operator communicates all operational difficulties encountered directly to the senior traffic operator/transport operations manager and customer service.
- Ensure drivers and vehicles always maintain a clean and tidy appearance.
- Ensure vehicles are available for pre-planned maintenance in line with workshop requirements.
- Ensures on-going customer relationships are maintained at operational level.
- Liaises directly with sub-contract hauliers and confirms they meet the required standard to be entrusted to undertake work.
- Directly liaises with staffing agencies to ensure temporary drivers meet the required standard to be entrusted to undertake work.
- CPC National desirable
- Transport Industry Experience
- PC Literate
- Good communication skills
- Transport Co-ordinators 1 x day operations and 1 x nights.
They are based on a 5 day week any 5 from 7 but mainly Monday to Friday the working week is 48 hours.
9.6 hours per day excluding a 30 minute lunch break they will need to be flexible.
Salary: £20K- £25K DOE