Salary: £28K – 30K
A Commercial Manager is required to deliver new business growth across European customers for precision pressings, fine blanking, and hinge assemblies. The Commercial Manager will be working with Project Managers, Development Engineers and Design Engineers to maximise sales opportunities. The Commercial Manager must have previous track record in sales generation for highly engineered products together with extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering solutions, including materials, finishes and heat-treatments.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new and existing European based accounts providing sales growth
- Lead the European customer request for quotation activity within the plant based quotation team
- Lead the European business working with Project Managers, Development Engineers and Design Engineers to maximise sales opportunities.
- Manage account profitability
- Recovering lost margins from customers
- Improving margins through price increases
- Support launch activity for new business to ensure delivery is met through robust project management procedure.
- Manage European accounts by liaising with the UK Quality / Production Management to resolve any issues around delivery delays or damage during deliveries, so that solutions can be devised to resolve any issues.
- Interact with different internal and external constituents, including other manufacturers
- 2 – 3 years successful experience
- Previous track record in sales generation for highly engineered products.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering solutions, including materials, finishes and heat-treatments
- Strong business development skills.
- Excellent understanding of prototyping, manufacturing processes and costing
- Proven customer facing, commercial awareness
- Engineering Degree
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to liaise and influence at every level.
- Problem solving skills
- Ambitious and focused on delivery of high standard especially with respect to customer service
- Professional, articulate manager
- Team Player self motivated.
- Positive attitude.
- Desire to succeed
- Based in the UK with extensive travel
- High volume manufacturing experience.
- Automotive components manufacturing experience.
- Dealing with Automotive Customers
- Business Qualification (MBA)
Salary: £28K – 30K