Salary: £21K – £25K DOE
Location: West Midlands
The Transport Manager is a key member of the team who ensures an efficient service level is maintained in line with the customer’s expectations. The Transport Manager will have extensive industry knowledge of legislation, tachographs and drivers hours with a CPC qualification. The Transport Manager must have good communication skills to speak with our customers and drivers, and will possess good IT Skills to operate our Road Runner software, outlook, word and to update customer web sites.
The Transport Manager will be a good team player, take a flexible approach and show good attention to detail when processing paper work and completing data entry.
The Transport Manager needs to ensure the team is highly motivated and working in accordance with legal and company procedures.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military (RLC) personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communication with team members, investigating situations and implementing disciplinary action up to written warning stage.
- Resolving any issues on a day to day basis and investigation of all grievances in line with company policy.
- Security searches.
- Accident investigation
- Cost / budgetary control of department
Candidate Minimum Requirements:
- Extensive industry knowledge of legislation, tachographs and drivers hours with a CPC qualification
- With good communication skills to speak with our customers and drivers,
- IT Skills to operate Road Runner software, outlook, word and update customer web sites,
- A good team player, flexible and shows good attention to detail,
- Good at Processing paper work & data entry
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent level
- Qualification in English and Maths
- Experience of supervising / managing a team
- Experience of working in a transport environment and full knowledge of transport legislation
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Awareness of Transport and Health and safety legislation
- Attention to detail, driven by continual improvement and high personnel standards
- Team builder who is approachable, open, fair and consistent and able to lead by example
- Motivational skills and an ability to develop others through controlled delegation
- Flexible approach, able to embrace change and accept responsibility
Working Hours: The Transport Manager will be required to work 45-50 hours per week as required Monday – Friday eg 8 – 6 with one hour lunch and one Saturday per month 7 – 1pm.
Salary: £21K- £25K DOE