Salary: $55,000 NZ dollars
Location: New Zealand
Trade qualified (or equivalent) CNC Machinist(s) are requiredwith a minimum of five years’ experience to set and operate 3, 4, 5 axis Mill Turning Centres, Horizontal Machining Centres and Horizontal borers. The CNC Machinist (s) will possess the skills required to produce high quality components in a range of materials, including Duplex Stainless Steel.
Conversant with Fanuc, Okuma and Heidenheim controls, you will be able to navigate through N.C. programs with confidence. You will also be capable of measuring components, taking remedial action and assisting with machinery maintenance and familiar with operating within a Cellular Manufacturing environment.
KEY SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Loading fixtures onto machine and fitting / setting chuck, jaw
- Loading of raw material or casting onto fixtures correctly
- Capable of skimming soft jaws
- Calling up and downloading of correct machining program from DNC server
- Monitoring of machine cutting performance in cycle and changing simple tooling out
- Recording cycle and set up times
- Clearing swarf and carrying out simple operator MTCE tasks (i.e. oil filling, electrical panel filter replacement)
- Unloading components, de burring and cleaning
- Measuring and gauging of components and alerting supervision of dimensional drift and possible machine pre-setting and / or tool replacement
- Able to recognise basic CNC ‘M’&’G’ codes and understand tool numbers
- Able to stop, start and re-start machine in mid cycle
This level of operator is not permitted to make changes to the cutting program however is permitted to change tooling offsets.
- Ideally apprenticeship trained with a minimum of three years experience in a Production Engineering role.
- Fully conversant with all aspects of machining.
- Candidates must have done a full apprenticeship or equivalent (NVQ Level 3)
- Educated to a minimum of ONC or equivalent, preferable in mechanical engineering.
- Knowledge and experience in any of the following areas would also be advantageous
- Current CNC working background. You need to have a proven working background within this role.
We offer a very competitive remuneration and benefits package, together with the opportunity to work overtime as required. Applicants must be trade qualified and be prepared to undertake shift work.
- Entire family must be comfortable with the big move to NZ
- Good work ethic
- Team player
- Flexible and adaptable
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.
Salary: $55,000 NZ dollars