CNC Machinist required for full time role in Wolverhampton – Walsall area to work on Fanuc controlled CNC Lathe Machines The CNC Machinist will be required to carry out change overs and prepare parts for first off inspection. The CNC Machinist role requires an understanding of Fanuc controls, the ability to read and understand engineering drawings. Knowledge of programming would be of advantage. The successful candidate will have the ability to use micrometres, verniers and other gauging equipment The candidate will have a strong personality with an eye for the detail in all aspects of Engineering and Manufacturing who will be able operate in a team as well as on own initiative. In addition this role will require an individual who is flexible and willing to be involved in improvement activities.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to set and operate a range of CNC Lathes.
- Ability to complete changeover and prepare parts for first off inspection.
- Understanding of Fanuc control systems.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Programming knowledge would be advantageous and the ability to read pre prepared programs and documentation produced from our CADCAM system.
- The ability to use gauging equipment for in cycle checking.
- Machining of High Temperature Alloy and Stainless materials would be helpful, but on job training can be provided.
- Preferably knowledge of the fastener trade would be advantageous.
- Reporting to the Section manager.
- Important to uphold the companies Health and Safety requirements.
Mon to Thurs: 6.00am – 2.15pm
Fri: 6.00am – 1.00pm
Mon to Thurs: 1.45pm – 10.00pm
Fri: 12.45pm – 7.45pm
- Annual holidays – 21 days + Bank Holidays