Salary: £22,000 – £24,000
Documentation / Technical author (s) required for exciting opportunity within a state-of-the-art company. The Documentation / Technical Author will be an experienced engineer with minimum ONC qualification in an engineering discipline, will have experience of interpreting engineering drawings and producing instructional documentation based on the information gained and must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of applications predominantly ‘Word.’
Ideally the successful candidate (s) will have familiarity with nuclear plant design and awareness of nuclear safety requirements and implications.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for experience in the production of documentation in one or more of the following areas:
• Operation and Maintenance Instructions
• Recovery Instructions
• Schedule of Recommended Spares
• Commissioning Method Statements
• System Performance Demonstrations
• Training Materials
The successful candidate must have good communications skills, being able to liaise with in-house engineering design personnel and to interface with client representatives.
- You will ideally be from a CE&I Background: Typically required to detail the steps necessary for the repair / replacement of different types of instrumentation on the plant, electrical motors and drives, small power and lighting distribution systems and subsequent setting to work on completion.
- You will have the ability to detail the steps necessary for plant operations personnel to operate the plant and equipment safely
- Mechanical Background: Typically required to writing schemes for maintenance and repair replacement of mechanical equipment and subsequent setting to work
- Documentation is being produced to underpin the safety commissioning, operation and maintenance of complex machines being manufactured by the client to go into a nuclear environment in a Waste Retrieval / Decommissioning application.
- Candidates will ideally have familiarity with nuclear plant design and awareness of nuclear safety requirements and implications.
- Bonus to have nuclear industry experience and particularly ‘hands on’ experience in a nuclear plant environment.
- Plant commissioning experience is a valuable asset.
- Security clearance to ‘Basic Check’ (BC) / ‘Revised Baseline Standard’ (RBS) level is advantageous.
Minimum ONC in an Engineering discipline
Salary: £22000 – £24000